Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A "Fairy" special day!

We had such a fun time celebrating this little girls 4th birthday!  If you remember my post from last year, you might recall me promising never to have a party for the little ones at my house again!? Well, my wonderful sister-in-law allowed me to have it at the dance studio and it was the most FANTASTIC place for a little girl's party!! Our friend, Carli, helped with the games ... she is so wonderful!


Tinkerbell cake, dill pickles (upon Claire's request), butterfly grape bags and chips.  Great snacks!

A few weeks before the party, I asked Claire what she wanted... she insisted on the dill pickles.  I thought it was funny at first but she was really serious about it.  I have to tell you... there wasn't a one left.... they were a hit! :)


Lots of sweet friends and family helped us celebrate the day............. Payton and Sam


Playing their version of "Duck Duck Goose................... Tinker Tinker Bell"

 
Jon Davis was so funny, he wanted in on the action!  He kept wanting to run around with the big kids!



Isn't this the cutest little pirate around? Anderson was ready for the party!
 
Noah and Joey..... Noah will be the next Birthday boy......two!  Hard to believe two years have flown by.



Clymer watched from the side... wondering whether or not to join in on the madness :)
 
Claire's Tinkerbell cake she picked out three months two months before the party.   I guess she knows what she wants. When we got home and washed the little fairy houses, we discovered they lit up!  Who knew!





She got real shy and said, "Mommy, what am I suppose to do again?"  I guess she was having a hard time making a wish.













What a fun and crazy day... another birthday celebration down in the books.  Thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate.  Next year, maybe we will just have a small family celebration at the house ;)  I guess it didn't help that Rob had bronchitis and actually had to miss her party.  We were just thankful that it wasn't the Flu but were bummed that he missed everything.  That morning when he woke up, we knew it wasn't good.  Thankfully, we live close by his parents so they can help out at times like that.  Mary Love came to the house and watched the kids while I ran to get the cake and decorate.  Yeah, small family dinner sounds nice to celebrate 5 :)

No comments: